Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Great Debate

I always hear people in Church debating whether "calfing" is against the Word of Wisdom. Some of them say it's bad for you. That alone makes it against the Word of Wisdom, they say.

Well, here's my opinion on the matter.

First, I don't even technically know what calfing is.

Second, Church leaders have not told us exactly what types of exercises are against the Word of Wisdom, but just that we should exercise.

Third, maybe it is wrong to focus solely on your calves (if that's what calfing is), but I don't think it hurts to work calfing into your whole workout routine, as long as you spend similar amounts of time working on other areas of your body.

What it all boils down to is you should treat calfing like everything else in the Word of Wisdom: It's OK in moderation, but just don't overdo it.

Period. End of debate.

Now will somebody please tell me why my repeated requests to Church headquarters to help supplement the Church Handbook of Instructions are denied?

2 comments:

  1. On that point, I think that while 'calfing' or calving, is understood to be only exercising calves AND juicing (with a juicer) at the same time, one should be mindful of his or her calving limit so as not to break the gentle spirit of effectual exercise, causing a literal break of spirit from body. Take heed, use moderation and don't cause your spirit to unhinge from your body via the calves by too much exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am more concerned with insufficient use of "calving". I have been known to frequent an establish that provides fitness equipment that one can use 24 hours day or night (minus Sunday, of course... making their name and marketing strategy a lie, but more on that some other time) and I often see gentlemen with LARGER than usual upper bodies and TEENY calves. I want to slip those people a dose of 'calving' because proportions matter in the gospel Size does not.

    ReplyDelete